Assign a worksheet as a task to your students
The easiest way to share a worksheet with your students is to assign it as a task. This will assign a worksheet as a task to your students and they will have it available in the student area or through a a link that you can share with them.
To assign a worksheet as task, click on the Assign as task to students button from the worksheet. A new page will appear with a series of steps where you will be able to customize different parameters of the task.
In the first step, you must select the group or groups you want to assign the task to. In the group dropdown you will see all the groups you have access to. You can select more than one group if you to assign the same task to different groups at once. If a group has been imported from Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams, the task will automatically sync with its platform once created.
If you have a premium plan, when selecting a single closed group or a single Google Classroom group a second dropdown will appear where you can select specific students to assign the task to. If you want to assign the task to all the students, you don't need to do anything with this second dropdown.
Once you have selected a group, in the next step you can modify the task title and add instructions. By default the task title will be the same as the worksheet title, but you can adapt the title to the group or students you are assigning the task to. For instance, in a worksheet titled "Learn to add fractions" assigned to your 3rd grade group you can change the task title to "The 3rd grade learns to add fractions" or "Learning to add fractions in 3rd grade".
In the next step, you can set a score system to be used when correcting. If you want to change the grade shown to the students you can create a score system to set custom texts and/or images and select it when creating the task. When using the default system the final grade is calculated based on 10, but you can change it if you want the maximum grade to be different. In this step, you can also customize the number of times the worksheet can be done. It should be noted that in open groups this is controlled at the browser level, so the same student could do the same worksheet several times from different computers or different browsers.
The next step allows you to activate or deactivate different options in the task:
- Show grade after submitting the task: with this option you can set if you want the students to see the final grade once the task has been finished.
- Show which answers are correct after submitting the task: with this option you can set if you want the students to see which questions have been answered correctly once the task has been finished.
- Allow students to view the correct answers after submitting the task: with this option you can set if you want the students to see the correct values of the answers once the task has been finished, that is, if the student fails any question he will be able to see what the correct answer should be.
- Allow students to resubmit the task by only doing incorrect answers from last submission: with activating this option you allow students, if they are repeating the task, to answer only the incorrect questions from their last submission. In Open groups this feature will only work if the students repeat the task in the same device where they did it originally.
- All worksheet questions must be answered before submitting the task: if this option is set the student will have to fill in all the answers before finishing the task and submitting it. If it's not set, the student can send the task with unfilled answers.
- Allow students to send comments: you can also choose to allow students to send comments when finishing the worksheet. These comments can be seen later in the submission page.
If you have a premium plan, in the last step you can limit the availability of the task we create so that it can only be done between a range of dates and times. You can set the start date, the end date or both at the same time, and also the maximum available time in minutes that the student will have to finish the task once he opens it.
When using closed groups or groups imported from Google Classroom or Microsoft Teams, you can now finish the process by clicking on the Create task button and the task will appear in the group page or in the platform. With open groups, after creating the task there's another step to complete the process.
Share link on open groups
Once you have created the task, a link will be generated, which you can copy and send to your students so they can complete this task. The icons that appear on this page allow you to share this link directly in those applications: Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams, Whatsapp, Telegram or Email. You can also share the numeric code assigned to each task so students can type or paste it in the task access page, or even embed this task in your webpage using the html code available at the end of the page.
Another option to share the task link is by using the QR code. This QR code is unique for each task and allows student to capture it from a screen or projector or you can print it so students can open it in their mobile devices. Clicking on the QR code a bigger and better resolution one will appear that can also be downloaded.